The Australian Government has introduced a number of temporary concessions, whereby, the requirement to be onshore or offshore at time of lodgement and time of grant (depending on the visa and its requirements) has been waived temporarily.
From 27 February 2021, onwards, for a limited, but as yet unspecified period, applicants for certain family visa streams will not need to leave Australia in order for their visa to be granted. This includes the:
- Partner (subclass 309) visa
- Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
- Child (subclass 101) visa
- Adoption (subclass 102) visa
- Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
The same temporary concession will commence for eligible parent visa applicants from 24 March 2021, onwards and will apply to:
- Contributory Parent (subclass 173) visa
- Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa
- Parent (subclass 103) visa
For more information, especially in light of the limited but as yet unspecified time period placed on these concessions, please refer to the Department’s website.