Organisations may nominate an existing worker under TRTS, where the worker has worked full time for the organisation in the nominated occupation for at least 3 of the last 4 years on a primary 482 or 457 visa, having been sponsored by the organisation during this period. The position must be fulltime and available for at least 2 years from date of visa grant, without excluding the possibility of renewal. In most cases, the nominated occupation must be listed on the Medium and Long‑term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Please see this link for a list of eligible occupations: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list.
The worker must be less than 45, unless exempt, and meet English, character and health criteria.
Transitional/Grandfathering arrangements under TRTS
Some workers may be eligible to apply for a 186 TRTS visa under transitional arrangements if they held or applied for a primary 457 visa on or before 18 April 2017. If these arrangements apply, the nominated occupation is not required to be listed on the MLTSSL. In addition, these eligible workers are only required to have worked on a fulltime basis for the nominating organisation in their nominated occupation, for 2 of the last 3 years, having been sponsored by the organisation during this period. The worker must be less than 50, unless exempt, and meet English, character and health criteria. The transitional arrangements are in effect until 17 March 2022.
How we can help
We provide professional end to end assistance with 186 visas, managing all aspects related to the nomination and visa criteria.
Our professional services include:
- Assessing circumstances and advising on criteria and eligibility, including whether the employment of the worker on a primary 457 or TSS 482 visa meets the criteria for nomination
- Outlining issues and implementing risk minimisation strategies
- Advising on essential documentation and information required by the organisation and worker
- Preparing and lodging the nomination and visa applications
- Communicating with the Department on behalf of the organisation and the visa applicant until a decision received
To discuss how we can assist you with advice, and well as in preparing and lodging a nomination and visa application for your existing worker under the 186 TRTS Employer Sponsored Nomination Scheme, please click here to contact Visa Lawyers Australia