To be eligible to apply for a 186 visa under DES, the organisation must offer the worker a fulltime eligible employment position that is available for at least 2 years from date of visa grant, without excluding the possibility of renewal. There are exceptions to the full time 2 year employment requirement for workers offered positions as Managing Directors, Corporate General Managers and certain Medical Practitioners.
This stream is only available to workers employed or being considered for employment in an occupation listed on the Medium and Long‑term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Please see this link for a list of eligible occupations:
Unless otherwise exempt, the worker will need to be under 45 years of age, have a positive skills assessment in their nominated occupation, at least 3 years of relevant full time work experience and at least competent English. In addition, the applicant and family members will must satisfy health and character requirements.
How we can help
We provide professional end to end assistance with 186 visas, managing all aspects related to the nomination and visa criteria.
Our professional services include:
- Assessing circumstances and advising on criteria and eligibility
- Outlining issues and implementing risk minimisation strategies
- Advising on essential documentation and information required by the organisation and worker
- Where necessary, assisting workers to secure the relevant skills assessment and evidence to support at least 3 years of full time relevant work experience
- Preparing and lodging the nomination and visa applications
- Communicating with the Department on behalf of the organisation and the visa applicant until a decision received
To discuss how we can assist you with advice, and well as in preparing and lodging the nomination and visa applications for your existing or potential worker under the 186 DES Employer Sponsored Nomination Scheme, please click here to contact Visa Lawyers Australia