Skip to main content

The Contents of this article are correct as at 21 November 2016

The 462 Work and Holiday visa allows eligible passport holders (see – for list of countries) who are between the ages of 18 and 30, to:

  • Come to Australia
  • Work for any one employer for a maximum of 6 months
  • Undertake work place based training with any one employer/trainer for a maximum of 6 months
  • Study for a maximum of 4 months

Under current law, 462 Work and Holiday visas are granted for a period of 1 year.

From 19 November 2016, both current and former 462 visa holders may apply for a second 462 visa, which will be granted for 1 year. In order to be eligible for grant of a second 462 visa, they must have carried out work in specific areas of Australia for at least three months while holding the first 462 visa.

This work must be of a kind specified by the Minister, intended to be work undertaken in the agriculture, forestry, fisheries, tourism and hospitality industries in the Northern Territory (NT) and northern parts of Western Australia (WA) and Queensland (QLD). This is in line with the Government’s White Paper on Developing Northern Australia.

If you have any queries in relation to the 462 Work and Holiday Visa, please click this link to contact Visa Lawyers Australia

Copyright © 2016 Visa Lawyers Australia Pty Ltd