The contents of this article are correct as at 26 July 2010.
DIAC has released the new occupations list that will apply to ENS applications – Subclasses 856 and 121.
The list specifies the occupations, ANZSCO codes, base annual salaries and the relevant assessing authorities.
The differences between the old and the new lists are:
- The new list of occupations is referenced to ANZSCO and not ASCO.
- Minimum base annual salaries have increased from:
- $61,920 to $65,020 for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) occupations on the list
- $45,220 to $65,020 for non-ICT occupation on the list.
Apart from the above:
- The occupations in the new list have not changed compared to the old list.
- The base annual salary of $165 000 for a highly paid senior executive position remains the same. However, this figure is expected to be revised soon.
This list came into effect on 1 July 2010 and affects only the nomination applications made on or after 1 July 2010. To access the list, please click here.
For further information on ANZSCO please refer to our article on "Changeover from ASCO to ANZSCO from 1 July 2010".
If you have enquiries please click this link to contatc Visa Lawyers Australia.