Many of the visas discussed on our website are permanent residency visas, or are provisional visas which can provide a pathway to permanent residency. Australian permanent residents have a number of advantages which are not available to temporary visa holders.
Becoming a permanent resident entitles you to:
- Remain in Australia indefinitely
- Enter and depart Australia an unlimited amount of times
- Sponsor family members and your partner to reside in Australia
- Work an unlimited amount of hours in any position
- Access Australia’s public health care system, Medicare
- Access Australia’s Social Services
- Educate your children at public primary and secondary schools
- Concessionary rates for tertiary education
Contact Visa Lawyers Australia for assistance.